This may be difficult to see if you have not already accrued tickets. This witty and fantastically vulgar Opera chronicling the rise and fall of our favorite Reality TV startlet closes on September 28.
Turrell’s entrancing site-specific light installation closes on Wednesday, September 25. This is a beautiful experience to gaze into the kaleidoscopic light of a world-renowned artist par excellence.
A perfect excuse to go to the very close island between Manhattan and Brooklyn, not to mention it is free to take the fairy their and peruse the art fair festivities in the colonial buildings that populate up this Island.
This is your last chance to watch the docudrama of a neurotic, self-loathing and utterly repressive woman’s inevitable downfall.
PLUS free popcorn! PLUS half-priced tickets for students! “The Killing” is an early noir-esque Kubrick film, and would be a great introduction to a fan favorite auteur.
- James Turrell “Aten Reign” at the Guggenheim closes soon, Find your Turrell fix at MoMA PS1 (becomingmiddlebrow.wordpress.com)
- James Turrell at the Guggenheim Museum (galleristny.com)
- This Weekend on Governors Island: 4 Heads Art Fair, Artshare for Heartshare, Fete Paradiso and Much More! (govislandblog.com)
- James Turrell Aten Reign at the Guggenheim (studio42dotnet.wordpress.com)
- ‘It’s Not About Light – It Is Light’ (artnews.com)