September 25, 2013 marks the final day of James Turrell’s blockbuster exhibition “Aten Reign” at the Guggenheim, NYC. This exhibit was one star in Turrell’s constellation over the summer, unofficially in conjunction with the exhibition “The Light Inside” at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and a permanent installation inside a Las Vegas Louis Vuitton store. The Turrell mania will slowly subside and museums will move on with winter schedules. New Yorkers’ love and infatuation with Turrell will not be as abrupt and we can ease into remission by visiting MoMA PS1 where Turrell’s “Meeting” is on view.
- Turrell installation opens at Spencer Art Museum (cjonline.com)
- James Turrell (vm604.wordpress.com)
- Explore James Turrell’s art installations made entirely of light http://t.co/ScNFpM3Fhi #artthursday (instagram.com)
- Turrell Exhibit Opens at Lawrence Art Museum (kake.com)
- ‘It’s Not About Light – It Is Light’ (artnews.com)
- James Turrell at the Guggenheim Museum (galleristny.com)
- My MoMA Mania: A Museum Pilgrimage from Manhattan to Queens. (becomingmiddlebrow.wordpress.com)